Saturday, September 25, 2010

Jon Waghorn's Retro Yeti

Yeti's have been a favourite of mine from the days when I was a young lad, I used to ride a KHS but I made up Yeti stickers to go on my forks so it looked like a Yeti. One of my favourite bikes was a Yeti ARC which I bought in early 2008 when we left Melbourne and it was a bike i regret selling.
Jon sent me a photo via email which I had to try match the colours as best as I could which I think I got pretty close. The hardest part was doing the black darts on the top and down tube as there is 4 points on each tube that needed to be matched pretty well. First I painted on the yellow because that was a small area to mask up then did the black darts. The Yeti turquoise is such a nice colour and goes really well with the yellow and black. I had a few Yeti stickers to go on to finish off the frame then 3 coats of clear coat for a deep gloss finish.




1 comment: